You’d be surprised to know that yoga can rejuvenate your skin and make you look gorgeous. A day or two before a party or a gathering we are all rushing to the nearest spa or beauty salon to get our facials and clean-ups done. Why don’t we consider fixing a beauty routine that gives us the party glow naturally and permanently. And the best part is that beautiful skin doesn’t always translate into empty pockets. Here’s finally a zero investment and a healthy way to get that gold radiance on your skin and prevent dermatological problems like acne, dullness, etc.
Yoga is the answer to all our beauty and well-being troubles. The ultimate aim of yoga is to enhance one’s physical and mental health. The yogic approach to health and beauty is a perfect blend of posture training with rhythmic breathing which helps in purifying various nerves. The result – confident and naturally beautiful you.
The prime advantage of yoga is that every single technique that your practice has a multitude of benefits. For instance, yogic techniques help you stay stress free, healthy, improve your concentration, help you coordinate better, make you aware of your body so that you understand it better and help you stay disciplined.
Here are a few ashtanga yoga techniques to get the perfectly flawless and glowing skin that everyone would envy you for.
Yoni Mudra – Detachment from chaos:
- Sit cross legged in Sukhasana – the easy pose
- Place your thumbs on your ears and index figures on you closed lashes
- Now put your middle fingers on your nostrils, the ring fingers above your upper lips and little fingers below your lower lips
- Ensure that your elbows are parallel to the ground
- Concentrate on your breath while in this mudra
- Stay in the mudra for 5 to 10 mins
Note: You don’t need to apply pressure with your fingers
Yog Mudra – The Yoga Pose:
- Sit in Sukhasna
- Hold your left wrist with your right hand at the back
- Inhaling pull your shoulders behind and expand your chest
- Exhaling bend forward and touch your right forehead to your right knee
- Inhaling return to the starting position
- Repeat the steps and touch your forehead to left knee and then in the middle
Repetitions: 2 rounds
Kapal randhra dhouti – Yogic Facial Massage:
This is the Yoga Institute’s signature yogic facial massage. It is an excellent technique that will make you want to forget your expensive skin treatments. It stimulates all your facial nerves and over time gives a natural, beautiful glow. It also help you relax and de-stress.
- Gently but firmly massage your forehead with your fingers starting from the centre of your forehead till the temples
- Gently pinch your eyebrows along the length. Repeat this three – four times
- Massage the around your eyes in circular motion
- In outward strokes massage your checks
- Look up and massage your neck in upward strokes
Note: You don’t need to use oil or cream for this technique. A gentle massage with your fingers will be sufficient.
Kapalbhati – Breathing Technique:
- Take a deep breath.
- Forcefully exhale through your nose rhythmically.
Please keep in mind that kapalbhatiis different from stomach pumps. So, focus on exhale through your nose and not on the movement of your stomach.
Standing chakrasana – The wheel pose:
Stand erect with your feet apart and parallel. Interlock your hands in the front.
Inhaling raise your hands up and bend backwards
Exhaling bend forward and swing your arms behind. Interlock your fingers at the back and pull towards your head
Inhaling return to the staring position
Dhanurvakrasana – The bow pose:
- Lie down flat on your stomach with legs stretched out and arms by your side
- Bend your legs and catch your ankles. Simultaneously, pull your ankles and raise your legs.
- Inhaling, raise your head and neck upward. Hold the position
- Exhaling, return to the starting position
Repetition: 3 rounds
Paschimottanasana – The seated forward bend pose:
- Sit on the floor and inhaling stretch your legs in front of you.
- Keep your knees firm and ensure that you don’t bend them while doing the asana
- Exhaling bend forward, hold your toes and try to touch your forehead to your knees
- Maintain the pose for 10 seconds
- Inhaling return to the starting position
Repetitions: 3 rounds